No products in the cart.
With the drying weather and the dearth of purely natural skin care products, we realise the need for natural skincare and DIY’s that help you accomplish baby soft skin from the comfort of your home and without the fear of chemicals. Our series titled: The Secret to Natural Skincare will help you accomplish this little by little. Here is our first edition with an easy DIY Rosewater. Without further ado, here goes.
Rose water is a great toner to use after cleansing, before makeup, after makeup, or just as a spritz every time your skin feels dull. It hydrates and softens your skin, cooling it, and infusing it with antioxidants. Rose water is not only beautifully fragrant but extremely versatile. It has an extensive range of uses including facial toner, hair perfume, cooling mist, and linen freshener.
Here’s how to make your own Rose Water at home:
- Pluck the petals from 2-3 high quality roses and wash them thoroughly to get rid of any dirt or pesticide.
- Add a full cup of rose petals to a bowl, and shred them with your fingers.
- Boil 1 cup of distilled water
- Pour this water over the Rose petals
- Stir the petals into the hot water with a wooden stick or spatula
- Let it cool down completely
- Strain this mixture through a mesh sieve/ cheese cloth (be sure to squeeze out every drop using a wooden utensil)
- Pour this rose water into a bottle (fitted with a spray nozzle preferably)
Spritz on as needed and notice a refreshing change in your skin from it’s regular use.
Note: This Rosewater contains no preservatives hence needs to be refrigerated. Lasts several weeks.
For Video Instructions: Lavendaire